Te Awamutu is known as the “Rosetown” – a friendly and pretty town with famous Rose Gardens (Gorst Ave) which are a kaleideoscope of colour from November through to April, there are more than 2500 rose bushes, with more than 50 varieties of rose.
- Rosetown Festival held annually in November celebrates the time of the roses and includes Craft Fairs, Exhibitions, Art & Craft Studios.
- Food & Wine Festival held in March
- Te Awamutu Competitions held annually in September attracts young talent who compete in singing, dancing and instrumental
- Equestrian competitions and polo matches
- BMX racing
- Annual cycle competitions held over Easter
- Hometown of music stars Tim & Neil Finn of Crowded House & Split Enz fame.
- Golf – 800m to the superb Te Awamutu Golf course and 7 other courses within 30 mins drive from the motel. Quite a few folk make a weekend of golf playing at different courses during their stay.
- Te Awamutu Rose Gardens – Annual Rose Show in November
- Bush Walks – Several scenic walks within 20 mins drive including the fantastic Maungatautari ecological reserve. A great place to take the family.
- Waitomo Caves is only 40 minutes away.& Otorohanga Kiwi House is only 20 minutes away.
- Waipa Equestrian Centre is just down the road.
- Kihikihi Speedway is also just down the road.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/rosetow5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 184