Fishing / Surfing
- The quirky West Coast beach town of Raglan is known throughout the international surfing community for its amazing left hand break. As a result, the local township is laid back, crafty and well furnished with good eating places.
- Fish in the surf or off the wharf at Raglan or Kawhia – just 45-55 mins drive away. Fantastic coastal views to be seen. A lovely place to take a picnic
- Trout fishing – several spots nearby include Arapuni, Whakamaru, Maraetai, all within an hours drive
- CastleRock Adventure at Wharepapa South. Professionally guided rock climbing, abseiling, flying fox, off road mountain biking.
- Waitomo Caves – underground exploration, glowworms, blackwater rafting. All about 35 mins drive
- Pirongia Clydesdales – Clydesdale horses, wagon ride trips, an interesting carriage horse venue.
- Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park
- Mystery Creek – site of internationally renowned National Fielddays held each year in June, international Netball, Rally of New Zealand Headquarters, Davis Cup Tennis, Midget car racing
- Hamilton City – home of the V8 Supercars from 2008